A few things.

1. I love my baby girl but she is turning me into someone I never thought I'd be: someone who co-sleeps. It was drilled into my head during residency that the safest place for baby to sleep is alone, on their back, in a crib. But while it may be safer, she doesn't sleep well there. We will get there eventually, I'm sure, but if I want any sleep for now, I have to sleep with her snuggled up next to me. And I will say that I am mastering the art of nursing her in my sleep.

2. I am already dreading going back to work. Thankfully, it won't be for a while.

3. I'm reading one of the best books I've read in a while - a book by one of my seminary professors, Zach Eswine. It's called Sensing Jesus: Life and Ministry as a Human Being. He speaks a lot about being a pastor who is also a real life person, but I feel like most of what he writes is applicable to everyone. He was one of my favorite professors and is also an excellent writer and speaker, so the book has a bit of a poetic feel. I'm only about halfway through but man - it is good stuff, and incredibly encouraging to some of the particulars of the situation Jeff and I are in now.

4. I really have been impressed with how well Judah handles having to share his Mommy with Naomi. He does sometime ask me to put her down so I can play with him, but really seems to wait well for me to help him when I'm in the middle of nursing her. I'm also incredibly thankful that he has been sleeping really well lately - taking a good nap in the afternoon and sleeping in until at least 8:30 on many days.

5. I just bought Judah an umbrella. He is obsessed.
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway

And Then There Were Three!

The saga of our roof or Why you should never hire Ideal Development Concepts.